REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (CONSULTANT SERVICES)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Support to Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa
Multi Donor Trust Fund (MDTF) - Grant No: TF 093070 -Project ID No: P 112600
Consultancy services for Preparation of a second operational plan (OP2) for ASARECA
The Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA) has received a Grant from the World Bank, acting as administrator of grant funds provided by various donors under the Multi Donor Trust Fund (MDTF), toward the cost of the Support to Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services.
The services include facilitation of the preparation of the second operational plan for ASARECA:
Main objective of the Consultancy:
The overall objective of this consultancy is to facilitate the preparation of the 2nd Operational Plan that will guide ASARECA’s investment during the period 2014 – 2018.
Scope of work
The contracted will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Stock-taking of achievements and any shortcomings realized during the implementation of the 1st Operational Plan.
- Considering the achievements realized during the 1st Operational Plan, undertake a reconnaissance scan of key priorities in the region in bringing about transformational change in the regional agricultural sector through consultations with the key ASARECA partners
- Review of all investment strategies – all Programs Strategic Plans with the view of exploring emerging strategic investment opportunities
- Outline effective and efficient mechanisms to promote public goods and spill-overs arising from ASARECA investments across country boundaries and within regions in countries
- Review the overall management structure including the Research Management Structure with the view of making both Strategies and structures responsive to the new challenges and opportunities
- Propose an effective mode of operation – at ASARECA Secretariat level
- Prepare necessary background materials in form of papers to form the proposed 2nd Operational Plan for ASARECA
- Draft the 2nd Operational Plan including the required indicative budget envelop
- Submit to management the final draft of the 2nd Operational Plan, the indicative budget, and other background materials including proceedings of the various consultative sessions held
ASARECA now invites eligible Individual consultants to express their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services by submitting their expressions of interest (cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates and any other relevant information.).
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (current edition).
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 8.30 am- 12.30pm and 2.30pm to 5.30 pm (East African Time)
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below
by 11.00am, 14th March -Marked “Expression of interest for consultancy services to facilitate preparation of ASARECA OP2 ”.
The Executive Director, ASARECA.
Attn: Procurement and Contracting Officer, P. O. Box 765 Entebbe, Uganda.
Tel: 256 414 322235, Fax: 256 414 4322593
There are no upcoming events